Our deep know-how – built from over 20 years of photon counting experience
It was back in 1998 that XCounter developed the first photon counting gas detector.
Direct Conversion’s industry leading photon counting X-ray detectors launched in 2003 on the back of this know-how.
We’re proud of the trail-blazers in our company. Spencer Gunn, our CEO, Alex Stewart, our Chief Mathematician, Christer Ullberg, our CTO and renowned ASIC designer…. and many other stars in our teams who have innovated, designed, developed, built, tested and driven significant technological achievements, many of which are integral in our products today.
Our technology helps our customers to have a competitive edge.
By working with us, you not only benefit from our twenty years of experience at the forefront of photon counting technology, but from our continued drive to develop commercial products at the leading edge. Take a look at our 4-side fully tileable ASIC development which will bring new geometries to photon counting detector capabilities.
- provide images at low dose
- have a very high dynamic range which reveals more detail over a wide range of exposures
- provide energy discrimination for separation and identification of materials
- achieve images with minimal photons which leads to increased speed
- integrate fast digital counting enabling better TDS images with less blur
- deliver fast, noise-free read out
- enable electronic scatter rejection
- have no photon over-weighting