We think there are so many good reasons why you should work with us … we decided we had to share our ‘Top 10’
Here’s #6 – Wafer-to-detector Process Ownership
Customers choose to work with us because we are perhaps the only photon counting commercial detector manufacturer with complete in-house process control. This includes every aspect of the research, development and manufacture from the ASIC design to the shipment of the final product (with the exception that we use world-class semiconductor foundries for the ASIC wafer manufacture).
Our front-end production takes place in a highly standardised Micronova clean room operating to ISO13485 standards to achieve excellence in quality and safety.
Our standard wafers can contain anything from 32 to 131 chips, and are diced on site. Each chip can house up to 32,768 pixels depending on the end product. Converter material is bonded with the appropriate ASIC to produce a hybrid.
Our ownership of the full design-to-production process enables close, collaborative relationships between our R&D and manufacturing teams, which fosters continuous improvement, an ability to react rapidly to customer needs, and the capacity to produce important and timely updates.
In addition, deep understanding of each process, material, and component has resulted in strong relationships with our supply chain built up over many years, and an industry 4.0 capability in resilience and adaptability.
- provide images at low dose
- have a very high dynamic range which reveals more detail over a wide range of exposures
- provide energy discrimination for separation and identification of materials
- achieve images with minimal photons which leads to increased speed
- integrate fast digital counting enabling better TDS images with less blur
- deliver fast, noise-free read out
- enable electronic scatter rejection
- have no photon over-weighting